|Our client, an International service provider in the Transportation and Logistics sector, is looking for a Systems Support Officer
Reporting to the Group Systems Information Manager (GISM) and/or Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the successful candidate will be responsible for all systems support requirements for the local branch whilst providing support to subbies and other companies within the Group where necessary.
- Provide day to day support to all business units and subcontractors via the Extranet ticketing system.
- Ensuring all staff and customers receive the correct reports, and that reports are up to date and correct.
- Reporting and escalating any programming issues/bugs in FMS/Extranet to the GISM or Developers.
- Assisting and training new users in the use of FMS and ME where possible.
- Updating users with any new developments that may affect procedures.
- Liaising and negotiating with Developers on new requirements.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the FMS and ME systems standards.
- Extensive use of FMS and ME to its full functionality to have a deep understanding of the systems.
- Ensure that irregularities and odd entries within the systems are communicated to the GISM.
- Research and contribute with any innovative ideas or ways that may improve the operations and/or efficiency of the company and share/communicate it in a proper manner to management.
- Ability and willingness to work from home or any place outside of the normal working space and hours.
- Creating flow charts and SOPs/manuals as per GISM to facilitate and assist the end-users.
- Perform other tasks as may be required by the GISM and/or CTO.
- Relevant Degree/diploma in IT and/or systems related field.
- Experience required (min/max): 2-5 years with relevant experience in a similar role within the IT/systems or transport and logistics industry.
- IT skills: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel. MySQL/SQL huge benefit;
- Excellent level of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Good communication and co-operation skills;
- High detail orientation (accuracy and quality orientation when working);
- Hard energetic worker, with high levels of responsibility, accountability and dedication;
- Results orientated and good time management skills;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Conflict management ability;
- Decision maker and quick thinker in a team or individually;
- Patient and able to handle similar and repetitive requests on a daily basis;
- Pro-active style with initiative, dynamism and assertiveness approach;
- Good judgment and ability to lead by example by demonstrating ethical and moral behaviour whilst ensuring compliance with the Health, Safety, Environmental & Security and Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption policies;
- Available to pursue personal development of skills and knowledge for increased performance of the role;
- PRO: DC/AB