|Our client, a private Investment company within a holding company, is looking for an experienced Front-End Web Developer
The successful candidate will be responsible to create modern front-end experiences in the consumer experience field and cutting-edge business software across a number of businesses.
- Together with a UI/UX/graphic designer, you will be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with in a web application. Our organization is built by someone with experience in building companies abroad of corporate family, listen, brainstorm, implement, and iterate. Your inputs will breathe life into products and change people’s live. We are interested in big ideas and roadmaps to commercialization;
- Translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements. You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works;
- Responsive designs;
- Build reusable code and libraries;
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX;
- Optimization of application; and
- Back-End/Front-End communication and ensuring business logic optimization.
- Understanding of server-side CSS, asynchronous request handling, partial page handling, and AJAX;
- Some knowledge of image authoring tools. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus;
- Versioning tools such as Git or similar;
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways around them;
- Excellent multitasking skills.
- A Computer science degree or a creative degree with capability to code front end experiences, having been involved in the freelance and/or commercial projects for at least 5 years.
- You must have a portfolio of products that can be shared.
- Your primary trait is that of a go-getter capable of coping with a fast-paced environment. You must have great ambitions of deploying solutions looking at Mauritius as a test market.
- We value ideas, initiatives and the right attitude. You will be given autonomy and responsibilities beyond that of task-oriented duties.