|Our client a fast-growing group of companies is looking for an Accountant
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
Qualification & Experience:
- Preparation monthly Management Accounts and Accounting Reports as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Preparation of quarterly Management Accounts and yearly Financial Statements.
- Keep the general ledger and its sub ledgers namely Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and the Cash Book on our accounting software (currently SAGE Pastel) updated at all times.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Prepare and submit monthly statutory returns namely VAT, NPS & PAYE.
- Supervise and reconcile petty cash.
- Ensure the Fixed Asset register is kept up to date at all time.
- Ensure timely payment of utilities relating to office and sites.
- Follow-up of renewal and application of fuel cards, keeping proper records of all fuel cards given to employees and safeguard of unallocated fuel cards.
- Prepare monthly fuel consumption report and record on the General Ledger.
- Ensure all licences are paid and renewed in a timely manner.
- Follow up with insurance for new applications and renewals and recording the costs on GL.
- Prepare monthly creditors reconciliations.
- Make all necessary ledger entries in the general ledger and sub-ledgers as necessary to keep the books and records up to date at all times.
- Perform any other cognate duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Fully/Partly qualified ACCA or BSc in Accounting or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience as experience as Assistant Accountant or equivalent
- Knowledge of VAT act.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Outlook and an accounting software or ERP
- Valid driving licence
- Firm and strong character
- Willing to visit construction sites when required