|Our client, one of the leading groups in Mauritius, is looking for an Assistant Garage Manager (Kenya)
Reporting to the Agricultural Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to manage various sections of the workshop. Accountable for quality and costs of repairs and maintenance of equipment attended to by the above workshops. Strive to reduce unplanned repairs and minimise equipment downtime.
- Follow up on monthly expenditure and report to the Garage manager accordingly.
- Effectively plan, organise and monitor repairs and maintenance of the Company’s equipment.
- Ensure of quality repair of the Company’s equipment.
- Close monitoring of the labour force in order to optimize their time, reduce idle time.
- Strive to reduce downtime of equipment and increase availability.
- Inform and give feedback to other Heads of Department and users regarding scheduling of repairs and maintenance.
- Advise on the proper choice of vehicle or equipment in terms of suitability and operation.
- Identify and coordinate training needs.
- Responsible for the health and safety of the department, ensuring implementation and adherence to the Company’s safety procedures.
- Minimum - a Diploma in Mechanical engineering or related fields from a recognized institution
- Minimum - 5 years’ working experience in a similar position
- Leadership and communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Fluent in English
- Operationally astute and proactive attitude