|Our client, an International Bank is looking for a Head of Legal and Company Secretary
The successful candidate will be responsible to lead and manage the Company Secretarial function within Mauritius
- Advise the Boards of Directors of Mauritius Limited and the senior management team Mauritius (the branch through the Chairman and the CEO respectively on all corporate governance matters.
- Act as the central point for Mauritius Businesses and Functions in dealing with Legal risks and matters, assisting the business lines seeking legal advice and coordinating with external lawyers, where necessary.
- Support to the Region on all Company Secretary matters for the various Company’s vehicles incorporated in Mauritius.
- Provide support to minimize the Banks’ exposure to litigations, regulatory warnings, fines, reputational risks by monitoring and being familiar with the developments in the legal systems affecting the bank.
- Contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the Region by ensuring that effective Company Secretarial support and advice is provided to all Group companies within Mauritius through an appropriate and consistent corporate governance framework
- Understand and act upon changes in legislation and regulation within Mauritius, with particular regard to the continuing obligations of the bank’s Holdings plc.
- Qualified Lawyer with significant working experience as Company Secretary and/or Lawyer
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) Qualification will be an advantage
- Leadership experience and an experienced strategic thinker
- Communication and inter-personal skills including the maintenance and development of relationships with Directors and Senior Executives
- Lateral thinker/Problem Solver with an ability to develop efficient and effective solutions to complex issues