|Our client, in the Leisure sector, is looking for an Accounts Supervisor
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to supervise the day-to-day accounts processing and to assist the Finance Manager in the compilation of reports and preparation of financial statements.
- Responsible for processing of invoices and issuing of payments accurately and on time.
- Reconciliation of monthly purchases and closing stocks.
- Reconciliation of Creditors Statements with sub ledgers.
- Ensuring for proper allocation of expenses code in accounting ledgers.
General Ledger, Financial Accounts and Budget preparation
- Supervise the day to day verification of Sales Day Book vs Collection of Cash and Credit Cards settlements and debtors Account.
- Supervising on the chasing of Debtors on a continuous basis.
- Monitor bank deposits on a regular basis within a week
- Ensure on the maintenance of a petty cash book.
- Processing and reconciliation of General ledger entries to accounting software.
- Maintenance of trial balance schedules.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Proactively look for and recommend improvements to current systems.
- Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with stakeholders for effective relations on financial matters.
- Assist on Monthly Management Reporting and Statutory Reports and Forecasts.
- Preparation of the Annual Report and Statement of Accounts:
- Assist with preparation of content in the Annual Report.
- Be involved in the annual audit cycle and maintain the annual audit file.
- Preparation of financial forecasts and budgets:
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist with quarterly forecasts.
Other Accounting Duties
- Preparation of monthly VAT, PAYE, TEWF, NPS returns.
- Assist in the preparation of annual Statutory returns.
Any other assignments as delegated
- Assist with day-to-day cash management.
- Filing of financial documents and records.
- Assist the Financial Manager in the implementation of appropriate internal control systems.
- ACCA (Partly Qualified) or any equivalent qualifications.
- At least 3 years of experience preferably in the tourism sector.
- Knowledge of accounting software (Accpac).
- A good working knowledge of reconciliations, accruals, debtors and creditors and financial reporting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software with intermediate Excel skills.
- Accurate and fast data entry.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.