|Our client, in the shipping and logistic sector, is looking for an Assistant Operations and Logistics Manager
Reporting to the Cluster Operations and Logistics Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to assist in the day-to-day management of overall operations and performance of each port in within his area of responsibility.
- Follow up of call preparations in Port Louis (cargo and vessel).
- Planning and deployment of operational agents for vessel boarding and follow up on vessel performance and cargo execution.
- Manage relationship with 3rd party agents.
- Control, assess and manage depots and vendors in.
- Pull, compile and analyze operational and logistical reports for the cluster.
- Provide consultancy services to management on process improvement and restructuration of the department.
- Coaching and supporting the team.
- Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or in Business Management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar position.
- Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- French/English spoken & written.
- Excellent written, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Achieving results through others.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to pressure ambiguity and balance conflicting priorities.
- An "optimiser" mindset.
- Strong logic and data analysis skills.
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong stakeholders management skills (at all levels).
- Ability to work independently, to drive projects and to take initiatives