|Our client, a fast growing and moving organisation in the Construction and Hospitality sector is looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Reporting to the Head of QS, the successful candidate will provide advice and report on and control all commercial and financial aspects of projects and contracts. The role includes offering support to the Head of QS department to allow projects to be safely delivered on time, to budget and to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will also assist the Quantity Surveyor in providing commercial expertise for projects to maximise returns by working within robust procedures to support the relevant departments.
- Produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender and engagement with supply chain.
- Receive and assist quantity surveyors in analysing quotations, liaising with Contracts Managers and Site Agents regarding price, proven history, availability etc…
- Notify in writing both successful and unsuccessful subcontractors in a timely manner.
- Produce and process formal subcontract documents and pass to quantity surveyor to certify interim and final payments and final subcontract account.
- Produce bill of quantity/activity schedule for payment purposes.
- Produce cash flow forecasts for internal and client purposes.
- Monitor and control income and expenditure on contracts e.g. interim/final applications for payment/final accounts/payments for late monies etc…
- Liaising where necessary with the relevant people e.g. engineers, clients etc…
- Produce relevant monthly reports for the Commercial Manager e.g. cost and value comparisons, turnover forecasts etc. ensuring information is complete and accurate.
- Provide advice and support to the site team in order to optimise the use of contract resources.
- Provide support for the Managing Surveyor in terms of data input etc.
- Give feedback to Estimators and Contracts Managers with regard to contract pricing, projected profit/loss, pricing omissions etc.
- Any other cognate duties incidental to his/her job.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the Construction process.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written.
- Negotiation skills and ability to apply those skills internally, externally & with our supply chain.
- Positive attitude at all times and the ability to integrate and play active part in the Construction team.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Keen to pursue personal development needs and maintain up to date knowledge.