|Our client, in the Aviation sector, is looking for a Cashbook Clerk
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Receipt and reconciliation and planning of all the Group payment requirements.
- Sending out daily planning schedule to all HOD’s with regards to payment dates and estimated amounts.
- Reconciliation that all authorization levels have been met prior to loading of payments on the Internet Banking as per planning schedule.
- Updating and adding value to the cash flow forecasting analysis & needs in partnership with the Accountants locally and abroad.
- Working Capital managed to ensure operational & long-term requirements are forecast & met.
- Relationships with Auditors & Regulators are professional & supportive.
- Preparation of daily cash requirements & payments to be made in the Group.
- Update daily the cash requirement planning tool for up to 3 months in advance of all payment requirements.
- Ensure all payments are supported with the correct documentation to validate same.
- Working with HOD’s to ensure all payments are released on time and supporting documentation is provided & saved in a structured and organized manner for audit requirements.
- Assist the Bookkeeping Clerk in updating daily cash balances in the Sage Evolution ERP system.
- Assist the Bookkeeping Clerk in reconciliation of the Bank Statement to the Sage Bank Account balance at each month end, or ad-hoc when required.
- Liaising with auditors/regulators and providing relevant information for financial and tax audits.
- Assisting with cash forecasting requirements needed by the Group on a rolling basis and daily assessment of working capital requirements so that they are continually met.
- Other accounting, tax and administrative related work as and when required.
- Bookkeeping Diploma and 3-5 years’ experience in a Cashbook Clerk/ Bookkeeping position
- In depth knowledge of accepted accounting practices, income statement reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Logical, analytical, precise and organized
- Good communication skills in English both written and verbal