| Our client, in the financial sector is looking for a Treasury Officer
Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will effectively manage and report the treasury activities of the company, its’ subsidiaries, and the various Funds under its’ management.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of the company treasury financial analysis and reporting.
- Strive for excellence in the planning, management, control and technology employment in meeting of the company treasury needs.
- Provide support to business units and provides the interface between business and financial markets.
- Provide sound advice to the various stakeholders including fund management on meeting funding needs, liquidity risks and managing its financial assets and liabilities.
- Provide reliable and cost-effective financial risk management services associated with volatile currencies and fluctuating interest rates.
- Review make recommendations and manage all Treasury policies and procedures.
- Monitor and report on the cash position of individual Business Units and the Group as a whole.
- Effective short/ medium- and longer-term cash flow forecasting to ensure smooth running of the Group and the Funds over the next month/quarter.
- More direct interaction with all divisions.
Investments and Distribution of Funds
- Meet commitments to all stakeholders within contractual timeframes.
- Ensure no delays in disbursements due to late notifications to Investors.
- Optimise working capital management
- Surplus funds are invested in the most effective manner to earn the highest return company risk profile.
- Distribution paid before quarter end as per agreed Treasury Policy Document.
- All fees including management fees, inter-company fees and grants are received as and when it is due and channelled to its proper utilisation.
- Minimum undergraduate degree with specialisation in either Finance, Accounting or Investment Management.
- Relevant Treasury qualification beneficial.
- 5 years general corporate treasury experience.
- Proficient in software applications such as MS Office, Treasury Management Systems and eBanking platforms
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- General accounting practices and principles applicable to Treasury operations (IFRS).
- Interpersonal skills.
- Report Writing skills.
- Accuracy under pressure.
- Personal/Behavioural Competencies.