|Our client, part of a group in the Hospitality sector, is looking for a Maintenance Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- To implement and execute a complete preventive and reactive maintenance programme to ensure highest level of guest experience and safety.
- Conduct risk assessment and implement required control measures.
- To perform maintenance and repairs to all areas of the hotel.
- To perform maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry, kitchen/refrigeration equipment’s, lighting, heating/air conditioning, ventilation, water treatment systems, swimming pool and ensure that equipment is prepared and operational for the following day's work.
- To perform preventative maintenance while you monitor and secure inventory and follow established ordering procedures to replenish supplies and inventory and minimize waste.
- To inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets and provide input on the annual departmental operating budget.
- To train and lead the emergency team of the hotel.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- To assist with other duties as assigned by General Manager.
- Degree/ diploma in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent discipline is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years post graduate managerial experience in a senior technical position preferably within hotels is required.
- Computer literate and familiar with energy, water and waste water management.
- A sound knowledge of building services including large air conditioning systems, boilers, plumbing, gas, electrical systems and knowledge of fire systems, TV and sound systems is desirable.
- Excellent people management skills including training abilities.
- Leader with good communication skills (with superiors, peers and subordinates.)
- Good project management skills including change management and policy implementation.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety norms and standards