|Our client, a Service provider in the Production sector, is looking for a Mechanical Engineer
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the design and operation of integrated systems to produce high-quality, economically competitive products which ensure no disruption in the production line.
The post mainly focuses on design and assist on manufacturing process and structure. It also caters for several associated tasks (building, energy) among others.
Repairs and Maintenance
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance of premises and assets are carried out on a Preventative Basis.
- Setup and plan outsourcing schedules.
- Provide a yearly CAPEX before end of April of current financial year after discussion with Production Manager.
- Provide continuous improvement ratios and KPI to measure and ensure effectiveness and efficiency of oil processing plant.
- Carry out Cost Benefit Analyses.
- Plan and design new production processes.
- Monitor and commission engineering processes.
- Carry out R&D and diversification projects.
- Ensure implications of cost, safety, product specifications and times constraints are incurred.
- Analyse Life Cycle Costs.
- Prepare Bill of Quantities, Schedules, Performance Specifications and Tender Documents.
- Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other disciplines.
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results.
- Prepare Financial Chart and revision budgets.
- Apply computer integrated technology.
- To enable economic running cost through optimal utilization of resource items:
2. Industrial water
3. Non – industrial water
5. Gas oil
6. Space optimization
- Carry out Experimental and modelling research of refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- A Registered Engineer with at least a BEng in Mechanical Engineering or any equivalent tertiary education.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a mechanical engineer position.
- Proven experience in Food Manufacturing sector.
- Proven knowledge of food sector will be a definite advantage.
- Experienced GSFI or equivalent QMS.
- Sound knowledge of the company business environment.
- Good knowledge of continuous improvement culture and people relations.
- Familiar with job associated laws and approved statutory and legal framework.
- Ability to analyse cost drivers and financial data with a logical approach to work, combined with analytical, root cause and problem-solving skills.
- Result driven - Ability to drive and monitor performance to meet KPIs to contain costs and meet budgets.
- Ability to recommend creative and innovative solutions to optimise all productive resources.
- Ability to interact confidently with different kinds of people, influence behaviour and drive innovative solutions.
- Master job technicality (mechanic, energy, premises, repairs and maintenance).
- Strong interpersonal skill with a can-do attitude.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Strong IT skills (excel, pivot table etc).