|Our client, operating in different sectors such as Real Estate, Tourism, Education and so on, is looking for an Accounts Officer
Reporting to the Accounts Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensure that VAT and BRN appears on each invoice
- Process invoice and send to customers on a monthly basis; that is before 05th of every month
- Process and record payment from customers
- Prepare bank deposits as and where required
- Chase debtors regularly if there are long outstanding amounts
- Send Statement of accounts to clients as and when required
- Process Invoices from suppliers and analyse them in order to properly account and split TDS
- Ensure that VAT No and BRN appears on each invoice (Liaise with supplier to receive correct ones)
- Prepare cheque for payments and deduct TDS where applicable
- Record payments in cash book system
- Prepare despatch book for cheque collection
- Follow up of payments to suppliers thereby ensuring all cheques have been dispatched
TDS (Tax Deduction at Source)
- Reconcile VAT control on a monthly basis and prepare VAT Reports for review before the 15th of each month
- Filing of VAT Return through e-filing or MNS (Process Invoices from suppliers and analyze them in order to properly account and split TDS
- Prepare VAT control account for the year
Petty Cash Book and Bank Book
- Reconcile TDS deducted from Invoices with payment on a monthly basis
- Ensure TDS is remitted to MRA before the deadline where applicable (20th of every month)
- Filing of Annual TDS return before due date
- Processing and keeping accurate records of Petty Cash daily and as necessary
- Perform Bank Reconciliation before 15th of every month
- Reconciliation of petty cash float and ensure that each expense has its supporting invoice or receipt
- Analyze petty cash expenses to proper accounts
Any other duties or administrative Tasks
- Prepare workings to support management accounts
- Prepare Profit & Loss statement and balance sheet to be reviewed by Management
- Prepare any other report as requested by Management
- Data Entry for the different entities/companies on the Accounting Software (Quickbooks)
- Filing of Annual Goods and Services return before due date
- Make full use of Office tools which include but are not limited to preparing Excel reports.
- Perform all administrative tasks linked to your position and as may be required. These include but are not limited to emailing, copying, scanning, filing of documents.
- Keep records of all documents for easy retrieval.
- In view of the nature of your job, you will be required to strictly abide to our privacy and confidentiality terms.
- You will be required to perform any other cognate duties as designated by the Management.
- ACCA partly qualified
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant position
- Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures.