|Our client, in the Insurance sector, is looking for a Risk Coordinator (Africa)
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Integrate Risk Management of the African entities to the strategic development process of the Group.
- Identify and implement Risk Policies and a Risks Control Matrix as agreed by the Risk Committee.
- Devise a Risk Register and yearly testing program of approved controls.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies for the organisation’s critical risks and ensuring proper monitoring.
- Report to the Group Head of Risk via the Risk Analyst with regards to the development of risk management policies, risk appetite and risk limits.
- Prepare executive reports and action plans describing appropriate responses plans to be implemented to counter external threats to be validated by the Risk Analyst and Group Head of Risk for internal use and for onward transmission to the Risk Committee on a regular basis and as and when requested.
- Work with business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities. Organise regular working sessions and forums for discussion with the Head of Departments, Management.
- Establish and communicate the organisation’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) objectives and direction through:
- Training of staff on the matter to ensure awareness and alignment.
- Awareness and review of testing at Management level.
- The ERM should be present in the newsletters distributed within the Group.
- Online publication on the Group’s Portal.
- Appraise and challenge on a regular basis the organisation’s success in managing its risks by:
- Identifying and assessing any potential risks within the business environment.
- Evaluating the importance that external risks pose to the Group's success.
- Working collaboratively with the Auditors to look into critical Audit issues and their closures.
- Ensuring effective alignment between the ERM process and internal audit by assessing degree of compliance with set benchmark.
- As well as on Risk Acceptance Requests provided by the Audit, to be ultimately approved by the Group Head of Risk.
- Degree holder.
- Professional qualification in any of the following fields: Risk Management, Insurance, Accountancy, Law, Actuarial Studies, Applied Mathematics and Statistics or any other equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in an Analytical/ Technical Role.
- Willing to travel abroad.
- Sound understanding of ERM principles and philosophy.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good coordinating capacity, organisational, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to motivate and work with all levels of Management, across business units and departments.