|Our client, a local group working across commercial and industrial sectors, specializing in steel-framed buildings and offering innovative construction solution, is looking for an experienced MEP Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Responsible of the general MEP design on all projects in a collaborative environment along with Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer, Architectural Technicians and other trade specialist.
- Overseeing and vetting outsourced MEP engineering design.
- Designing and Autocad drafting of complete HVAC works including air distribution calculation, duct sizing, duct layout, refrigerant piping, chilled water piping, diffusers / grill sizing etc. and plumbing, drainage and firefighting layouts.
- Drawing and preparing of HVAC, Plumbing, Drainage & Fire Fighting layout / Composite Shop Drawings including design calculation, piping design etc., site survey, preparation of As Built Drawings, Quantity take off etc.,
- Designing and Autocad Drafting of complete Electrical works including small power, lighting layout, power layout, fire alarm, fire alarm, telephone, security, CCTV, MATV, lightning protection, and other works like Quantity take off, preparation of As Built drawings etc.,
- Supervising preparation of COMBINED SERVICES shop drawings including supervision of preparation of HVAC, Plumbing, Drainage, Fire Fighting, Electrical etc., Employee responsibility also includes design works, Quantity take off, supervision of preparation of As Built drawings etc.,
- Verifying, commenting and approving all MEP design/drawings and BOQs that would be outsourced.
- Liaising with local and international authorities for all necessary permits and leeway pertaining to the MEP part of any project being undertaken.
- Be fully responsible & accountable for the management and Supervision of the Testing & Commissioning of all installed MEP services within any project being undertaken.
- Drafting and signing all necessary certificate of compliance pertaining to MEP installation on any projects being undertaken.
- Emitting all necessary Non Compliance Reports pertaining to MEP installations on projects.
- Bachelor of Engineering In the field of Mechatronics or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Registered with the Council of Registered Professional Engineers of Mauritius
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in related field of specifications.
- RPEM status and will be capable of leading a design team on large building projects.
- Organized, self-motivated with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Initiative taker
- Sense of ownership
- Strong Team leadership and Management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibility to work long hours, if situation demands.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and diverse team environment.