|Our client, part of a well-known group, is looking for an Accountant
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Responsible to prepare monthly Management Accounts.
- Checks whether all provisions and prepayments are accounted for
- Calculates financial performance ratios
- Investigates closely and explains all variances
- Calculates payment of Income Tax and Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Submits figures as required by Statistical Office
- Prepares forecasts for Business Units
- Verifies the reconciliation of supplier's statement of Account
- Verifies costing of imported goods
- Ensures that bank reconciliation is done
- Assist on audits with internal and external auditors in the performance of their duties.
- Assists the Head of Department in developing the annual budget in line the company's strategic plan
- Assists the Head of Department and ensures that the achieved plans are implemented, monitored within the SBU and exercises necessary control for the SBU’s interests
- Ensures the smooth functioning of his team
- Enforces workforce discipline and code of conduct to subordinates.
- Acts as a mentor when required and motivates the team
- Assists in the selection and recruitment of candidates
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood
- Responsible to conduct meetings with subordinates on a regular basis.
- Partly or fully qualified ACCA or any other recognised accountancy body
- A minimum of 3 years working experience as an Accountant in a dynamic business environment
- Well versed in at least two accounting software, SAGE will be an advantage
- Fully computer literate and advanced level on Excel
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and analytical skills
- Good written and spoken English and French