|Our client, part of a group, is looking for a General Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible to grow, diversify and differentiate the Business Units (BUs), lead strategy implementation and ensure optimal business, financial, operational and customer life-cycle management across the BUs towards profitable and sustainable growth.
To make the Company benefit from his commercial experience and network in view of developing the activities in Africa/Indian Ocean, mainly in Material Handling, Compressed Air and Industrial Refrigeration.
- Define Sub-Division Strategies and develop an Operational Plan specifying the goals, objectives and operating priorities for each operating business unit.
- Establish metrics (Operations Dashboard) to monitor and track performance.
- Participate in annual strategic planning sessions and actively contribute toward the development of the Group Strategy.
- Develop an operational framework of practices, processes, policies, standards and controls to manage and integrate operational delivery across all operating / business units.
- Proactively identify strategic, tactical and operational risks, determine and monitor the impact of risks on the business units, and take ownership of maintaining the Risk Register (updated twice a year) and reporting thereof to the Audit Committee.
- Accurately budget for CAPEX and OPEX expenditures in line with the growth and operational strategies and manage and control expenditure against budget.
- Ensure rigorous management of Company assets.
- Collaborate with executive and senior leadership across the Group to optimise the business and manage risk.
- Conduct Environmental Scanning and PESTEL Analysis for the Sub-Division.
- Lead the development of new products / services considering a range of varying aspects (i.e. economic, technological, legislative and competitor) in order to determine the feasibility thereof, as well as to terminate those that are no longer viable.
- Implement and Monitor Marketing Strategy / Plan Execution.
- Ensure effective Product Brand Management.
- Ensure availability of the required ICT in line with operational / business unit specific ICT Infrastructure Requirements.
- Ensure optimal Asset Management and Maintenance.
- Instil responsible business practices.
- Proactively align future talent needs within the Sub-Division through effective succession planning and capacity building initiatives (i.e. development programmes, training, mentor-ship, coaching etc.), and advise direct reports on career opportunities and the requirements to achieve personal growth.
- Understand and ensure, through the appointment of competent persons, that the company’s responsibilities as employers under the OSH Act 2005 and any relevant prevailing laws are met.
- Set a personal example on all matters of health and safety.
- Create a pipeline of breakthrough opportunities throughout the business.
- Engage and maintain productive and value adding relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure proper handling of linguistic human rights complaints.
- A Degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Renewable Energy Engineering or any other Management field
- A Master Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field
- A minimum of 10 years senior management experience in a dynamic and constantly evolving business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Strong Sales and customer oriented
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of Strategic Management
- Good Human Resources and Leadership skills
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Sound Financial Management skills
- Good Project Management skills