|Our client, in the financial sector, is looking for a Reconciliation Officer
Reporting to the Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to perform daily reconciliations & Suspense accounts and follow up on outstanding items with processing units. Reviewing end month reconciliations to ensure high quality reconciliations in the bank and detect unacceptable transactions.
- Confirming Bankmaster ledger and Nostro entries are updated in Intellimatch.
- Reconciling daily Nostro Account and other suspense accounts.
- Preparing and broadcasting list of outstanding items in the accounts reconciled.
- Querying old, strange outstanding entries on accounts reconciled
- Keeping custody of Nostro statements.
- Ensuring the reconciliation of Head Office Suspense Accounts.
- Sensitizing staff on reconciliation
- Ensuring that daily reconciliations are carried out
- Initiating the return of unknown funds in our Nostro accounts.
- Reconciliations completed and followed up within established turnaround times
- Ensuring that each department is updating the Reconciliations with their comments and that proper follow up is being done within established turnaround times.
- Initiating queries relating to unknown statement debits/credits & carry out follow-ups on queries.
- Checking and investigating entries that have defaulted into system suspense accounts.
- Updating senior management on quality of reconciliation and issues meriting their attention.
- Prepare and submit month end reconciliation MI Escalate any unattended entries as per SLA
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as Reconciliation Officer or any similar role Applied knowledge of a variety of banking transactions.
- Advance MS Excel knowledge.
- Ability to complete tasks and projects in a structured manner by employing effective planning and prioritising skills.
- General awareness of risk management practices in a financial services organisation
- Another behaviour associated with the “Checking Details” competency is being accurate.