|Our client, in the finance sector, is looking for an Officer - Financial Accounting
Reporting to the Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to support the Manager in completing various daily tasks.
Perform reconciliations on various General Ledger (GL) accounts, management of petty cash, and maintenance of cash book for all currencies, reconciliation of VAT input and output and purchasing of currencies for both local and foreign payment.
Ensure accurate and legit payment and journal entries
Provide accurate month end reporting and financial reporting in line with policies and procedures
- Prepare payment and journal vouchers for posting on both SAP and Bank Master.
- Ensure that all payments are adequately supported and appropriately authorised in line with the Bank’s policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that invoices are accurately verified before payment is processed.
- Check with vendor accounts in order to avoid duplicate payments.
- Investigate and recover any duplicate payments.
- Reconcile petty cash balance with petty cash till and petty cash GL on SAP on a daily basis.
- Liaise and follow up with suppliers for payment.
Assist in ensuring an effective and efficient budget management process
- Reconcile interest in suspense and agree the loan book figure at each month end with the Credit department.
- Reconcile SAP figures against Bank Master to ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
- Close month end on Bank Master and SAP and perform process clearing on SAP.
- Provide cost split analysis to all product houses and enablers after month end.
- Prepare cost overview and ensure timely reporting of monthly, half year end and year-end financial results.
- Provide the relevant commentaries to Centre and engage with local stakeholders for commentaries required by Head Office.
Fixed Assets Management
- Assist in the preparation of the budget for Opex and Capex and engage with relevant stakeholders to ensure accurate information.
- Ensure data integrity with regard to information populated on the relevant systems and ensure corrective action where necessary.
- Assist in devising cost allocation of enablers to product house and compile the relevant information on key cost drivers from the Heads of enables.
Provide ad-hoc assistance to the team members when required
- Manage Fixed Assets and follow up with stakeholders in carrying out Fixed Asset inventory.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Reconciliation of the fixed asset registers to the general ledger.
- Engage with stakeholders in reviewing their Capex and provide necessary information.
- Processing internal account opening and closing on Bankmaster.
- Assist Internal and external auditors and provide the information required
- Any other duty as may be assigned to her by the Financial Accountant.
- Act as back up for the Finance Officer – Payments and Receivables when the person is on leave.
- First Degree, Finance and Accounting
- Honours Degree
- Intermediate Professional Accountant Qualification
- Experience in a similar role in the banking / financial services industry.
Adecco reserves the right:
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview.
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.