|Our client, a management company, is looking for a Client Accountant.
Reporting to the Team Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- To provide technical support to more junior staff which may entail running a section and supporting the Supervisor of the Team.
- To ensure regular and prompt preparation of accurate financial statements for specific trust and company clients.
- To prepare comprehensive working papers to support the information contained in the financial statements in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
- To record the activity of the group entities, companies and trusts on the Company’s reporting system, to reconcile the ledgers to strict deadlines and liaise with third parties to understand and justify the reconciling items;
- To share portfolio of client work particularly for most complex structures including bookkeeping;
- To assist with FATCA and CRS obligations, and other surveys that maybe issued by regulatory bodies, including figure computation, submission on regulator portal, liaison with stakeholders;
- To calculate and account for year-end provisions, including but not limited to:
- Accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, accrued income and income received in advance
- Foreign currency revaluations
- Calculation of applicable tax charge provisions
Requirements – Financial Management
- To review financial statements and working papers prepared by more junior staff.
- To monitor development of more junior staff and identify training needs.
- Work to the departmental procedures and assist in the implementation of change when required for compliance with specific regulatory and statutory requirements.
- To plan, delegate and monitor the progress of accounts preparation for portfolio of entities.
- From time to time to undertake specific additional tasks as advised.
Requirements – Risk Management
- Prepare annual forecasts and budgets for the department and set targets.
- Ensure time and cost targets are on target for specific entities and monitor progress in relation to the targets set. Provide guidance on time and cost management where required.
- Meet targets set.
- Work to achieve the company’s financial benchmarks.
- Prepare regular departmental reports, incorporating updates on physical and financial progress in relation to targets set.
Requirements - Personal development
- Understand and apply local legislation and regulatory requirements with regards to generally accepted accounting practice and financial reporting.
- Report complaints, operational risks, suspicions, etc in accordance with local procedures
- Ensure that risk issues are reported to the Supervisor, Directors and Compliance department as appropriate.
- Understand, apply and adhere to the company’s risk management policies and procedures and, where appropriate, be proactive in identifying and proposing improvements
- Assess and manage risk situations to avert potential risk issues for the company
- Ensure that client complaints are dealt with in a timely manner and at the right level.
Requirements - Corporate Governance
- Attend seminars and workshops and read industry publications to enhance professional and technical knowledge
- Shape own development by identifying areas to improve own knowledge and skills and actively seek assistance
- Develop techniques for coping with time / deadline pressures
- Maintain evidence of continuing professional development in accordance with current requirements
Requirements - Personnel Management
- Actively champion the company’s values by promoting a culture of professionalism, teamwork and leadership.
- Have a detailed understanding of the company’s vision and the direction in which the group is heading.
- Understand how the role of each individual contributes to the company’s vision.
Requirements - General
- Determine accounting needs of clients, liaise with supervisor and prioritize work accordingly; ensure supervisor is kept informed of accounts requirements to ensure prompt review of ledgers and bookkeeping records.
- Contribute effectively in meetings
- Consider ideas regardless of who suggested them.
- Explain technical issues in a way non-technical people can understand.
- As required, assist training and development of staff within the accounts department.
- Inspire others through own actions and behaviours.
- Understand and acknowledge the need for change.
- Flexible to the needs to the company
- Strictly practice the maintenance of client confidentiality.
Skills and knowledge
- Minimum 10 years experience including strong experience in client accounting preferably in a management company
- ACCA fully qualified
- Ability to produce accounts of a complex nature for trading and investment companies or trusts
- Good knowledge of VAT, taxation of companies and trusts across a number of jurisdictions.
- Basic knowledge of Mauritius trust law / practice
- Thorough understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Thorough understanding of the firm’s bookkeeping procedures manual and the ability to guide and assist others regarding implementation thereof
- Sufficient competence in the analysis, posting and reconciliation of third-party valuations and statements
- Ability to reconcile ledgers with VAT returns and statements received from tax authorities
- Fully conversant with both manual and computerized accounting systems
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheet applications
Adecco reserves the right:
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.