|Our client, a service provider, is looking for an Estimator
The successful candidate will be responsible to estimate work of particular projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Determine the appropriate technical solution to manufacture and install the sign and materials to be used.
- Read and understand blueprints and drawings to accurately estimate materials and labour.
- Assess cost effectiveness of estimates by tracking actual costs and rates.
- Consult with a cross-functional project team and outside vendors to resolve issues and formulate the most accurate estimates.
- Find new material and service suppliers and learn about new techniques and materials related to this field of industry.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers for materials and services.
- Prepare inquiries to material suppliers to obtain competitive pricing.
- Assist in developing subcontractor solicitation strategies and analyzing bids.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost effective to produce or purchase components.
- Coordinate and closely communicate with manufacturing, purchasing, sales, engineering, and project management representatives.
- Deliver completed cost estimates within allowable time constraints. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Evaluate completed projects as benchmarks for future estimates. Work to narrow the difference between budget estimates and actual costs over time.
- Assist in maintenance of a materials basis of costs and a labour basis of costs, for estimate consistency.
- Liaise with sales team to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives.
- A degree or background in Math or technical field.
- Three to five years of previous experience as Estimator / Project Coordinator preferred.
- Sign industry experience preferred and a big plus.
- Construction industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment; works well under pressure.
- A positive attitude and professional etiquette in communicating with vendors and co-workers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a mechanical aptitude, and attention to detail.
- Strong communication, organizational and math skills.
- Ability to work on a constant moving environment and resist to high pressure level.
- Good time-management skills.
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver.
Adecco reserves the right:
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.