|Our client, in the shipping and logistic sector, is looking for a Senior Accounts Officer (payables)
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Procure-to-Pay Support & Control
Ensure that costs are duly and efficiently controlled;
Be responsible for controlling Trade Invoices registered by the AP Booking Team within the agreed timeline. The P2P, or Procure to Pay, cycle is focused on the Supplier processing (Invoicing till payment) activities. The Cost Control Function ensure the authenticity of Trade Invoices (in scope) before they are paid. Also, includes the accounting key validation of the Trade Invoices registered in the system.
This is critical to the P2P process as this works as the check point to safeguard incorrect payments made to suppliers.
- Invoice Approval at 2nd level (includes Quality and Business aspect to an invoice) *
- Identifying incorrect invoices and following up with respective stakeholders to correct them*
- Follow up on Rejection to resolution cycle*
- Raise and follow business claims with service providers*
- Monitor SSC RFIs taking proper initiative to resolve the ticket in time or push the ticket owners to do it
- Identify and correct recurrent issues delaying P2P process
- Review and approve the SSC Country SOM once a year
- Monitor Special Agreements/Rebates and request credit notes from vendors
- Support P2P digital solutions deployment with the suppliers
- Request and follow urgent approval requirement
Cost Efficiency: Develop and implement methods to improve group operating margin
- Animate the cost efficiency process preparing and participating to Agency Cost Review meetings
- Monitor the Agency cost saving program budget and performance
- Find, implement and follow initiatives or projects willing to optimize group margin
- Visit vendors to brainstorm on mutual cost saving workshops
- Produce and follow an Agency Cost budget
- Support spot procurement request performing vendor cost analysis and informing main relevant points for negotiation
- Perform and send to RO the local charge benchmark twice / year
- Analytical skills: Ability to gather, analyze and diverse information skillfully.
- Problem Solving: Ability to solve practical problems and to deal with a variety of concrete variables to provide efficient solutions for all problems faced.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to show team spirit in work and to exhibit sound and accurate judgment if needed.
- Managing Performance: Ability to organize and prioritize work activities, develop realistic action plans and statements and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Dependability & Adaptability: Ability to complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan, to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Communication: ability to speak clearly and write proper understandable English, in positive or negative situation and to write documents and reports to communicate it to departments / management.
- Planning and Organizing: ability to plan and organize the work to reach objectives in a timely manner.
- Professionalism: Ability to work with integrity and ethically and to cooperate with superiors and subordinates.
- Personality: Patient, curious, rigorous, eager to learn, and to perform
Adecco reserves the right:
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.