|Our client, part of a group in the retail sector, is looking for a Shop Manager
The successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day activities under the guidance of the Director / Operations Manager. He/she will also play a leading role to the, implementation, monitoring and review of the business strategy that maximizes the retail net profit by driving sales and controlling costs at regional level; to build motivated and high performing teams through the effective leadership and line management to retail staff.
To be responsible for the economic results of his store and their progress. In coordination with his hierarchy, he/she manages the commercial activity and ensures the current administrative functions are well linked with the commercial activities.
He/she is also in touch with his management and the centralized head office. Externally, to be in contact with suppliers, subcontractors, local partners, and the clientele when he is on the sales floor.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures availability of merchandise, professional shop and window display and maintaining inventories.
- Supervise work carried out by Supervisors, Assistant Manager and ensure all teams are managed properly.
- Regular control of all Cashiers tills and ensure that they are properly managed.
- Manage shop revenue, including cash handling, deposit reconciliation and delivery of deposit to bank etc.
- Product knowledge is compulsory in order to achieve international merchandising standard.
- Store / warehousing management and knowledge is required.
- Train staff to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ensure all staff works according to procedures and protocols.
- Completes shop operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains shop staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains shop staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Ensure all products displayed are accompanied by their prices, labelling and other important information to facilitate customers shopping.
- Improves customers shopping experience by improving the level of service.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements
- Prepare, update management weekly report accurately.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- CCTV access to review CCTV camera system using a password.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the shop by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensure all monthly departmental sales targets are achieved and take corrective measures in case target has not been achieved.
- Will be accountable for the reasons target has not been achieved.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
- Ensure all employees work according to the safety and health requirements.
- Ensure adequate safety and health actions are taken in the shop as and when required.
- Ensure that goods displayed meet requirements for Fire Certificate, OSHA and mall requirement.
- Point of contact for issues related to the shopping mall with Centre management.
- Immediate reporting of defective goods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Lead by example mainly during the sales period, inventory and the peak season.
- Degree in Retail or any other related studies.
- A minimum of 5-6 years of progressive working experience in Retail Trade sector.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to manage accounting operations independently;
- Ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously;
- Ability to manage resources to ensure that established service levels are achieved at all times;
- Demonstrated experience at building relationships with other department and players in the market;
- Demonstrate Leadership skills;
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Managerial practices and procedures;
- Demonstrate strong organisation and planning skills;
- Demonstrate strong managerial skills in a customer-service environment;
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate strong Team-building skills;
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
Adecco reserves the right:
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.