|Our client, in the shipping sector, is looking for an Operations Planning Coordinator
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning transportation of transshipment containers between ports in the most efficient and cost-effective way whilst ensuring both external and internal customer’s needs are met at all times.
To supervise and oversee the following tasks directly ensuring tasks are completed within guidelines:
- Monitor vessel operator schedules in FIS and actualize through creation of DP voyages in FIS, if required and / or delete unutilized DP voyages.
- Liaise with feeder operators for slot and schedule. Generate import list from FIS and provide advance bookings on every Monday for transshipments arriving per MLV in timely manner.
- Follow-up with feeder operators to obtain on-carrier details in timely manner and arrange system nominations with the rotation numbers for PTO to file the discharges list with the terminal, prior to cut off of vessel arrival.
- Ensure containers are transshipped to out ports per FI/FO basis (unless an urgent requirement arises) with priority to reefer boxes and take alternate actions in case of delays to nominated feeder.
- Forward Docs for special cargo (DG/REEFER/OOG/MILITARY CARGO) to vessel operators and seek vessel approval for the special cargo as and when required.
- Update on-carriage in FIS in a timely manner prior arrival of mainline vessel & verify accuracy of containers linked to the shipments.
- Respond internal /external inquiries and inform POL for shipment cancellations /delays.
- Submission of load lists to the terminal, vessel operator and to final destination. (LL to be sent to final destination same day as on submission to terminal to avoid manifest delays at FDE owing to short transit).
- Keep a record of all feeder nominations and service failures / disputes.
- Adhere to KPIs for timely work order creation.
- COD approval/ ad hoc additional charges are notified to the respective teams for collection, and TREX creation for cost recovery.
- Contribute to cost-saving measures by minimizing transshipments dwell time and prioritization of reefer containers.
Qualification and Experience:
- Graduate from recognized university
- Good knowledge of ICD/CFS Operations
- Awareness of data quality importance, T&T, steering, etc.
- Good knowledge of user application systems (SAP, FIS& MS Office)
- Sharp focus on cost management
- Vendor Management experience
- Minimum 2-4 years industry experience in Transportation industry
- Understanding of data quality bench-marking and KPI management
- Good communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Effective team management, planning and organizational abilities
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Positive approach and enthusiastic
Adecco reserves the right:
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.