|Our client, a service provider in the Investment sector, is looking for an experienced Chief Accountant
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the accounting department of the company. The role holder will provide insightful financial input to business initiatives and deliver expert financial analysis of key risks and sensitivities.
- That the finance related ‘rules of the game’ (policies and procedures) are clearly defined and disseminated;
- The completeness, accuracy and validity of accounting records;
- The timely preparation and updates of business plans and budgets, and monitoring achievement thereof on a continuous basis;
- The timely preparation and submission of all statutory returns required for compliance (MRA, etc.);
- The timely preparation of reliable monthly management accounts including the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow analysis and projections and closure of accounting system for the month in question;
- The provision of analysis and insights that are meaningful and allow proper understanding of business performance and the underlying root causes and risks;
- The timely preparation of reliable quarterly financial pack for the purposes of Group reporting;
- The timely preparation of reliable and complete financial statements in line with IAS;
- Design and operation of effective finance related internal controls;
- Finance related document retention in line with regulatory obligations and internal policies;
- Training and performance management of finance personnel;
- Supports the business and its leaders by provision of information and analysis needed concerning financial matters;
- Act as the administrative liaison person for the organisation of external and internal audits, regulatory inspections.
- Chartered Accountant or ACCA qualified
- At least 5 years’ experience in Auditing or Accounting with sound knowledge of IAS, taxation and other financial rules;
- Experience in Financial analysis & evaluation.
Adecco reserves the right:
- Knowledge of the financial services sector including exposure to the stock broking business, wealth management, global business operations and treasury management;
- Knowledge of financial internal controls leading practices;
- Good management and leadership skills;
- Ability to understanding the trading business and position the finance function as a business enabler;
- Ability to lead and motivate a team;
- Ability to organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines;
- High numerical and technical skills;
- Strong attention to detail and an inquisitive nature;
- IT proficient and ability to work with accounting systems.
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview.
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.