|General Manager, Corporate Secretarial
Overall Purpose of The Job
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership to the Global Corporate Secretarial team, and in particular to identify, develop and deploy projects across the corporate secretarial platform that will deliver improved levels of service and internal customer satisfaction
A. Corporate Secretarial Services
B. Mergers & Acquisition Support
- Lead the Corporate Secretarial function for the Group of Companies, including: staffing, performance management, workload and workflow management; and identifying, implementing and maintaining best in class information technology platforms to efficiently run and monitor compliant database relevant to the secretarial functions
- Managing all board and shareholder meetings, including coordinating, preparing and distributing board/shareholder pre-read materials, meeting agendas, notifications and meeting minutes for the board of directors and shareholders.
- Monitoring and highlighting board and shareholder decisions and/or information items, actions and directives to ensure action items are duly addressed.
- Reporting on outstanding agenda items and taking action to ensure information is provided to the board/shareholder members in a timely manner
- Preparing all correspondence for the board/shareholders, including responses to enquiries or complaints directed to the board/shareholder
- Coordinating annual meetings as necessary
- Maintaining key corporate documents and records
- Supporting the Mergers & Acquisitions project teams with due diligence during international mergers and acquisitions and significant transactions
- Supporting the local M&A project Teams with post merger integration activities
C. Corporate Governance Support for the Group.
- Promoting and facilitating compliance with the legal, contractual and procedural obligations of the Group with respect to its Joint venture and partnership arrangements across all regions.
- Researching and staying current with corporate governance and secretarial functions and services on a worldwide basis, and providing advice and educational materials in connection therewith.
- Providing expertise, advice and recommendations related to corporate governance and Board responsibility issues generally.
- Developing and proposing corporate governance policies and best practices by recommending policies and procedures for approval and implementation, while balancing governance needs and the Group’s goals.
- Local operational licenses in countries where the Group operates are a key, mission critical asset and competitive advantage of the Group. The GGM, Corporate Secretarial shall accordingly be instrumental in supporting the obtaining of such licenses, monitoring their validity and supporting their timely renewal.
- Keeping abreast of legislative developments relating to license requirements in jurisdictions where the Group operates.
- Developing and implementing guidelines, criteria and instruments to ensure that the Group’s operations in jurisdictions where it provides products and services are in compliance with relevant foreign investment and other rules and regulations.
- Tracking and monitoring all specialized licenses of Group affiliates operating in highly regulated sectors, using centralized recordation and tracking systems (to be established). Although general trading licenses are the responsibility of local management, where these are necessary in order for the Group to provide its products and services, these shall be tracked and monitored in the same manner as specialized licenses.
|Required Skills and Knowledge (Brief description of technical knowledge or skills needed to perform the job)|
- Business leadership of enterprise-wide workflow system programmes
- Programme Management
- Quality/business process improvement
- Supplier / procurement management
- Customer service delivery
- Group operational policies and procedures
Required Competencies (Critical behaviors necessary to successfully perform the job)
- Business acumen and analytical skills
- Project management
- Hands-on with a strong sense of urgency, and willing to “roll sleeves up.”
- Structured approach to service delivery
- Strong people manager and team player
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clarity, brevity and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure within a matrix structure
Required Work Experience (Brief description of the job-related experience needed to perform the job)
- At least 15 years in corporate secretarial type service industries
- Management of large-scale and complex organizational structures
- Geographical awareness and cultural sensitivity
- Successful track record of leading a department or organization
- Experience of managing a 24/7 operation
Desired Work Experience
- Exposure to Corporate secretarial activities and responsibilities
- Exposure to Risk management projects and methodologies
Required Qualifications (Brief description of the educational background needed to perform the job)
- Tertiary educational qualifications, MBA preferred
Adecco reserves the right:
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.