|Our client, in the financial industry is looking for an Officer, Financial Accounting.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Accounting, the successful candidate will be responsible to support the Manager, Financial Accounting in completing various daily tasks. This includes, performing reconciliations on various General Ledger (GL) accounts, management of petty cash, and maintenance of cash book for all currencies, reconciliation of VAT input and output and purchasing of currencies for both local and foreign payment.
Ensure accurate and legit payment and journal entries
Provide accurate month end reporting and financial reporting in line with policies and procedures
- Prepare payment and journal vouchers for posting on both SAP and Bank Master.
- Ensure that all payments are adequately supported and appropriately authorised in line with the Bank’s policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that invoices are accurately verified before payment is processed. Check with vendor accounts in order to avoid duplicate payments. Investigate and recover any duplicate payments.
- Ensure that all payments are made before the relevant due date and escalate any payments which are not made in time.
- Review expenditure and engage or challenge stakeholders to ensure that these are within budget.
- Extract vendors account and check for outstanding payments on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile petty cash balance with petty cash till and petty cash GL on SAP on a daily basis.
- Liaise and follow up with suppliers for payment.
- Ensure that the cash book is updated with all currencies on a daily basis.
- Process the opening and closing of internal accounts.
- Process extraction of trial balance, profit and loss and balance sheet, and any other reports on request on SAP.
- Close net open position by computing cash flow to assess the regular purchase of currencies before payment is made.
- Review long outstanding cheques and follow up with suppliers to ensure that payment is made as soon as possible.
- Prepare billing of invoices for trust and Head Office recharges, including VAT charges.
- Ensure proper filing of journals, payment vouchers and any other documentation
Assist in ensuring an effective and efficient budget management process
- Prepare month end journal entries in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures.
- Reconcile Nostro accounts and General Ledger (GL) accounts on SAP.
- Provide a monthly update of prepayment and accrual reports.
- Reconcile interest in suspense and agree the loan book figure at each month end with the Credit department.
- Reconcile SAP figures against Bank Master to ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
- Close month end on Bank Master and SAP and perform process clearing on SAP.
- Perform clearing of disbursement account on SAP
- Perform absorption costing in reallocating costs to product houses.
- Maintain and report back on profit and loss by cost centres.
- Ensure that the financial discipline is adhered to and maintained and ensure that all balance sheet items are fully substantiated.
- Provide sufficient support to the relevant stakeholders in order for them to effectively manage their cost.
- Provide cost split analysis to all product houses and enablers after month end.
- Prepare cost overview and ensure timely reporting of monthly, half year end and year end financial results.
- Provide the relevant commentaries to Centre and engage with local stakeholders for commentaries required by Head Office.
- Prepare the Balance Sheet Substantiation (BSS) reports for the relevant forums which will require engagement with Credit, Operations, Product Control and Risk in order to collate data.
- Prepare the Half yearly, hardclose and yearly FIP and ensure that it is aligned to IFRS.
Fixed Assets Management
- Assist in the preparation of the budget for Opex and Capex and engage with relevant stakeholders to ensure accurate information.
- Ensure data integrity with regard to information populated on the relevant systems and ensure corrective action where necessary.
- Assist in devising cost allocation of enablers to product house and compile the relevant information on key cost drivers from the Heads of enables
Provide ad-hoc assistance to the team members when required
- Manage Fixed Assets and follow up with stakeholders in carrying out Fixed Asset inventory.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Reconciliation of the fixed asset registers to the general ledger.
- Calculating monthly depreciation and journal preparation.
- Preparing summary fixed assets reports.
- Responsible for the Capex reporting.
- Engage with stakeholders in reviewing their Capex and provide necessary information.
Qualification & Experience
- Processing internal account opening and closing on Bankmaster.
- Assist Internal and external auditors and provide the information required
- Any other duty as may be assigned to her by the Financial Accountant.
- Act as back up for the Finance Officer – Payments and Receivables when she is on leave.
- Degree Finance and Accounting or Intermediate Professional Accountant Qualification
- 3-4 Years experience in a similar position
- Experience in a similar role in the banking / financial services industry
Adecco reserves the right:
To call only the shortlisted candidates for interview
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidate.